Sunday, March 28, 2010

Heading West

In about an hour I will be waking Chris up, rounding up my brother to drop him off in Memphis with mom and dad and then Chris and I are heading west. I feel 100% better after yesterday. The only anxiety I have is having to drive back through New Mexico. The first night we stayed there we turned on the news only to hear that so far this year 8 of the Albuquerque fire fighters have received DWI's. It's only MARCH!!! AND THEY KEPT THEIR JOBS! The highway through New Mexico is littered with signs to report DWI's. They even have a dedicated emergency line just to report DWI's. The landscape there is beautiful but Chris and I have no desire to stay there again. We miss the kitties and our bed and are ready to head west. I'm not sure where we'll end up staying or how far we'll get each day but we're going to take our time and sight see as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment